National and International Screenings for the After ’16 Short Films in March
Following their premiere at the Audi Dublin International Film Festival (ADIFF) last month, the After ’16 short films, commissioned by the Irish Film Board to commemorate the 1916 Rising, are set for further Irish and international screenings this month.
The nine short films are set to screen at the Dingle International Film Festival on Sunday, March 20th in St James Church and in the Irish Film Institute (IFI) on Easter Monday, 28th March.
The shorts will also screen at a number of international Irish film festivals throughout March:
- Chicago Irish Film Festival (March 6th)
- Toronto Irish Film Festival (March 5th)
- Solas Nua Capital Irish Film Festival, Washington DC (March 6th)
- Irish Film Festival Boston (March 13th)
- Belgrade Irish Film Festival (March 21st to 22nd)
- Moscow Irish Film Festival
Four of the filmmakers involved in the After ’16 shorts were nominated for the ADIFF Discovery Award encouraging new and emerging talent – Dave Tynan (writer/director ‘The Cherishing’), JJ Rolfe (cinematographer ‘The Cherishing’), Laura McNicholas (producer/director ‘Mr Yeats & the Beastly Coins’) and Niamh Heery (producer/editor ‘A Father’s Letter’).